Friday 8 November 2013

Rest

I gave my first alter call today to a room of 400 people. 
60 raised their hands for salvation, and 150 came forward for prayer. That is a victory I never thought I would see, and I am beyond amazed at God's work. 

But if I can be completely honest with you all, I came home exhausted and grouchy.

The stress of constant activity caught up with me and today, after spending myself thin, I was just finished. I collapsed on my bed and slept for about an hour. After I woke up I realized that I have been looking for rest in the wrong places. Anyone who is in ministry probably will testify that it gets really tiring and it's easy to spend everything you have without refreshing yourself in the Word. So today I just decided to sit. I walked outside to my favorite place on our front deck and just soaked in the Word, without saying anything. Slowly refreshment to my spirit just came, I realized that I can truly find complete and total rest in Christ. The verse that has been resonating in my heart (And ironically the verse I preached on this morning) is

Matthew 11:25-28
"Come to me, all you who are weary and heavy-burdened, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light."

His YOKE IS EASY and His BURDEN IS LIGHT.

God is the source of rest, He is the source of peace, and I'm so happy he reminded me of that today. Total and complete peace are found in Him, and I have access to it whenever I am in need. I'm just so thankful and so blessed by the victories and by His refreshment.


I hope you will all continue to pray for me. 


The Lord is obviously working in my life in ways I never even knew He could, and NEED your prayer against attack on my spirit and victory in the kindergarten.
My heart for the children I'm teaching grows more and more every single day, honestly I gush when I talk about them. But I also know that my love for them is not going to be enough. The need to know that God loves them more than I ever will and is the only one who is able to save them.  Please please please pray for those children every time you pray for me.



No comments:

Post a Comment